Once you have captured requirements in your BriefBuilder model, you might want to set up a verification plan (test plan) that defines how, when of by whom requirements have to be checked for compliance. The following tutorial explains the steps taken to set up a verification plan in BriefBuilder.
Step 1: Define your verification settings
Before you can define a verification plan, you will need to set up what sort of information needs to be included in the verification plan. This you can set up in the verification settings. Things that need to be set up are:
Step 2: Set up the verification plan
Once you have defined all the standard properties and verification phases, you can set up the verification plan in the verification table.
- First navigate to the verification table under the verification header in the navigation bar.
- Use the Selection part to select a part of the model you want to set up.
- If necessary, use filters within the verification table to narrow your search down.
- Select which requirement should be verified in which phases by checking the boxes in the column ”verify”.
- Add the verification data in the ‘‘verification plan” columns behind the requirement.
Step 3: Check if the verification plan is complete
When setting up a verification plan, one may ask “Did I miss something?” With smart use of the filters you can find out. For example, you can filter by ‘Verify?’ on ”Yes” and then filter by ”To be performed by” on ”Empty”. This way you will see all the verifications without a ‘To be performed by’.