As environment administrator, you can add users via the user management menu that can be found in the upper right corner of your browser.
- click on User management
- click on Users
There, you have to go through the following steps.
Step 1: Create a user account
Create a new user account by clicking on the + symbol
Step 2: Fill in the user’s details
Add details for the account that you want to create:
- Name: the person’s name (this name will, for example, be used in Comment section)
- Email: the person’s email address.
- User name: the name that has to be used for logging into the application.
Step 3: Select environment role
In this step, you can select what environment role a user should have.
There are the following three possibilities:
- Project participant (the default): can edit or view data in project models that have been linked to this account.
- Environment editor: can create new project models and see all other project models.
- Environment administrator: same as above, but can also do user management.
Step 4: Select project role
The last step is to link a user to the project model(s) to which he or she should have access. This can be done by selecting the relevant project role for that project model.
To get to see the list of projects, click on the icon in front of the user’s name.
Then select for each relevant project what project role that user should have.
Please note that the names and permissions for these roles are defined on a project model level. More explanation about how that works can be found here.
Step 5: Link to an organisation (option)
Optionally, you may want to link the newly created user to the organisation he or she works for.
If the organisation isn’t in the selection list menu, you first have to created it, which can done under the header Organisations.
Step 6: Send invitation
Send the invite to the user by clicking on the mail icon. The e-mail contains the user name, a link for (re)setting a password, and a link to the application.